Where’s My Damn Invitation Malcolm?
September 29, 2015 § Leave a comment
I’m Stuffed. In fact…I am Doomed.
Like the Javan Rhinoceros, the Vaquita (Google it) and the Cross River Gorilla, my time for extinction has come. I am the last of my species. The environment has changed, the climate has changed and I can not survive.
Who am I?
I am a high earning Hard Rock Miner who has busted a gut for over a quarter of a century to build a couple of homes, raise and educate four children, put away a nest egg for retirement and have the temerity to suggest that I should be allowed to enjoy the benefits of my labour in a capitalist country.
But…No!, No!, No! There are a bunch of people who are about to get together to tax me out of existence.
Malcolm has called a snap summit of “Business, Community and Union” leaders to seek economic reform.
Where’s my God damn invitation????
I am one of the 20% of households that actually pay tax. I am one of the heavy lifters. Not only do I clothe, house and educate my own children, I do the same for the 80% of the population that don’t pay any net tax. You would all be aware of the recent Australian Bureau of Statistic survey that found that;
- 20% of t families fund the other 80% of families.
- The average family receives $2.70 from the government for every $1 they pay in tax. What? You didn’t know that? Here’s a couple of leads;
Well…not this little black bunny. I actually pay tax. I paid over $120,000 last year.
“Jehova! Jehova!”, I hear you say…”Stone Him! Stone Him! He’s rich! Stone Him! If he’s paying that much tax, he’s earning millions!!!!”
Unfortunately not. I am a PAYE employee, with no tax minimisation available. I’m one of the poor bastards that pays a crapload of tax. I am a rare breed. I am a “heavy lifter”.
So who is getting together for this little soirée?
- The Business Council of Australia – They want me to pay more tax, because they want business to pay less tax.
- The ACTU – They want me to pay more tax because I’m a rich bastard and should pay my fair share – see above.
- The Australian Council for Social Services – They want me to pay more tax so that they can give it away
- The Australian Industry Group – They want me to pay more tax so that their members don’t have to
- The Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Ditto
- Council of The Ageing – They want me to pay for everyone else’s retirement
- Australian Youth Affairs Coalition – They want me to pay them not to work – see “Income Support”
So who represents me? Given all of the above organisations either;
A) Want to pay less tax
B) Want more money without paying any more tax
Where’s the money coming from??
Me! Bugalugs here! Moi! Where else can it possibly come from? If you are getting together to gain consensus on tax reform, then the bloke who is not at the table is going to end up copping it from behind.
My voice will not be heard. Oh, but the BCA and ACCI and AIG will all look after my interests……crap! No one will look after my interests because there are so few of us left and we are not swinging voters. Well, we are now Mr Turnbull. The word around the mining camp is that WE WANT YOU GONE! You lefty, back-stabbing bastard! You just want Malcolm to be the hero…at any cost.
Can I just highlight a couple of thoughts for this get together;
- You can’t make a nation rich by taxing the hell out of those who work and giving the money to those that don’t.
- Bar Stool Economics – People do have the ability to cut and run if the tax burden exceeds the pain of packing up and moving. Canada, here I come….they love Miners over there.
So… what can I look forward to?
- Land Tax – I should be punished for owning a home I paid for with income I have already paid tax on.
- Superannuation – Yes, I should provide for my own welfare and be punished for doing so.
- Negative Gearing – Mmmmm see what happens when you stuff with that.
Politics has become religion ….belief without fact. We like to create villains and demons and then blame the for the world’s woes….Climate Deniers, Big Polluters, Greedy Multinationals….The Rich.
Well, I am one of the rich and I’ve worked damn hard to get there. I’ve always paid my fare share of tax and have contributed to the economy. I have educated four children who are now themselves paying tax and creating jobs. However, I am now the target of scorn and the target of a greedy alliance between Malcolm and Bill Shorten. I must be taxed out of existence and cast to the memories of a land long forgotten.
A land where;
- A decent day’s work meant a decent day’s pay.
- Successful people who worked hard were respected, not scorned.
- It was acceptable to build wealth for the next generation.
- You paid your own way.
- The family home was sacrosanct.
- The country was successful.
We built a nation on that basis.